A funeral plan is a secure and cost-effective way of ensuring that your funeral is arranged and paid for in advance at today's prices. It’s a thoughtful way to make thing easier for your family at what will be a distressing time. You’ll have arranged everything in advance: chosen your funeral director, specified your wishes and taken care of the funeral costs.
Taking a decision now to plan for your funeral and to cover funeral costs at today’s prices is a sound financial decision.
Back in 2004, an average funeral cost around £1,920. However, recent research (Sun Life Cost of Dying report 2013) shows the average cost of a funeral in the UK is now £4000 – an increase of over 108% in 12years, well above the general level of inflation. Estimates suggest the cost of a funeral in 2024 will cost on average £7000-£8000.
We offer a range of funeral plans that deliver peace of mind for you and your family. Our funeral plan options allow easy and accessible funding options that are flexible to your financial situation. Planning and paying for your funeral in advance means you get the funeral you want and your family are relieved of the financial strain that funerals can often cause. Altouhgh not tied to one provider of funeral plans, our preferred provider has the following benefits:-
- Interest Free payment plans available
- Money held on Trust with totally independent Trustees
- Plans can be taken on an either/or option meaning 2 names can go on the application and on 1st death the survivor can choose whether to use the plan or keep it for their own funeral
- Endorsed by the National Federation of Funeral Directors
- Conforms with the Fair Price Charter
- Can opt for add-on's to the plans for an additional cost including the likes of cardboard coffin or horse drawn carriage to make it a truly bespoke plan.